Mobile Services Touch-free payment options
Paying with your phone is quick, easy, secure and socially distant. The services offered below allow you to access your COPFCU debit and credit cards on your mobile device without sharing your card numbers or personal information with merchants.
Pay securely at over a million stores and inside participating apps using your iPhone. Apple Pay is more secure than swiping or inserting your card at a retailer. Why? For two reasons:
- Biometric Security – You must use your thumbprint to complete the purchase. This ensures that you – and only you – are performing the transaction.
- Your Card Number is Not Used – Instead of your 16-digit card number being passed to the merchant, Apple Pay passes a secure token to validate and approve the transaction.
Setting up Apple Pay on your iPhone is Easy:
- Open the Wallet App on your iPhone and add your debit or credit card
- You may be asked to call the Apple Pay support center at 1-800-663-7354 to confirm your identity and information.
Learn more about adding accounts to Apple Pay.
How to Use Apple Pay in Participating Stores:
- Look for the Pay Wave® or Apple Pay symbol at checkout and hold your phone near the contactless reader.
- Place your finger on the Touch ID™. Or, you may need to enter a passcode and sign a receipt.
- Keep your phone by the reader until it vibrates and/or beeps’, indicating your payment was accepted.
Visit Apple Pay support to learn more about using Apple Pay.
You must have an iPhone 6, 6 Plus or later to use Apple Pay. Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks or Apple Inc. Apple Pay and all products and services offered by Apple are not endorsed by COPFCU. COPFCU accepts no liability in connection with their use.
Google Pay is a simple and secure way to pay with your COPFCU debit and credit cards. Choose your device, add your debit or credit card, and you’re all set. Google Pay is accepted at millions of stores across the US, and is available in your favorite Android apps.
Setup is Simple
- Access the Google Pay app. If your phone doesn’t already have the app installed on your device, simply download it from Google Play.
- Add your COPFCU card. If you already have a card in your Google account you can simply add it to Google Pay by confirming a few details, or you can add a new card by taking a picture or manually entering your information. Your may be asked to call the Google Pay support center at 1-800-663-7354 to complete the verification process.
Using Google Pay
- Paying in Stores. Simply unlock your phone, place it near a contactless terminal and you’re good to go. You don’t even need to open the app.
- Paying in Apps. Whether it’s in your favorite app or checking out on chrome, just select Google Pay at checkout and your payment will be processed quickly and securely.
Visit Google Pay support to learn more.
Google Pay is a trademark of Google. Requires a NFC-enabled Android device running KitKat 4.4 or better. Google Pay is a trademark of Google Inc. Android, Google Pay, and the Android Logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Google Pay and all products and services offered by Google are not endorsed or vouched for by COPFCU. COPFCU accepts no liability in connection with their use.
Samsung Pay is accepted at more places than any other mobile payment service out there – virtually anywhere you can swipe or tap your card.
Get Started with Samsung Pay
- Open the Samsung Pay app on your device.
- Click “Add cards” by snapping a photo of your card or manually entering the information.
- You may be asked to call the Samsung Pay support center at 1-800-663-7354 to complete the verification process. Once this is done, your card will be ready to use with Samsung Pay.
Learn more about setting up Samsung Pay.
Using Samsung Pay
- Swipe up from the home button, or select the Samsung Pay app icon from your home screen or app tray.
- Place your finger on the home key to verify your identity. Alternatively, you may enter your Samsung Pay PIN.
- Hover your phone over the in-store card terminal next to the magnetic stripe reader.
Learn more about using Samsung Pay by visiting Samsung Pay support.
Samsung Pay is a trademark of Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung Pay and all products and services offered by Samsung are not endorsed or vouched for by COPFCU. COPFCU accepts no liability in connection with their use.
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay allows you to pay for your purchases with your iPhone® by holding your phone near a contactless reader.
What devices are compatible with Apple Pay?
• For in-store purchases: iPhone® 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, and Apple Watch® paired with iPhone 5 or later.
• For in-app purchases: The above listed iPhones plus iPad Pro™, iPad Air™ 2, iPad mini™ 4, and iPad mini 3 or later.
Is there a fee to use Apple Pay?
No, Apple Pay is free; however, third party charges such as wireless carrier message and data rates may apply.
Which COPFCU cards will I be able to use with Apple Pay?
All COPFCU debit and credit cards are available for use with Apple Pay, except for HSA Checking debit cards.
Is Apple Pay safe?
Yes. When you use Apple Pay, your personal information and card number are never stored on your phone or given to the merchant. A unique digital code is created specifically for that device. When you make a purchase, you authenticate your purchase with your fingerprint or device PIN, and the unique code for your device is sent to the processor. Either of these elements are useless on their own, and even if compromised, they cannot be decoded.
Where can I use Apple Pay?
An ever growing number of merchants now accept Apple Pay in-store and online. Click here for the most current list of participating merchants. You may also look for these Apple Pay or PayWave® symbols at checkout.
Will I still earn rewards when I pay with Apple Pay?
Of course! You will continue to enjoy the same benefits and rewards you always have when using your COPFCU cards, such as Visa ScoreCard Rewards.
Can I opt out of Apple Pay at any time?
Yes, remove cards at any time. To remove your card, open the wallet app and select a card. Click the ••• in the upper right-hand corner. A screen showing various details of the card will appear. Scroll all the way to the bottom of this screen and click “Remove This Card.”
What if my card is lost or stolen?
If you have the COPFCU Mobile App on your phone, open the app and lock the card to stop all transactions. Next, call the credit union to have your card blocked and a new card reordered. Make sure to mention that you are enrolled in Apple Pay. Lastly, open the wallet and remove the compromised card.
I’m having a problem with my device or its software. What should I do?
If you’re experiencing difficulties with your device and/or its software, please contact Apple.
What will happen to the information on my device if I sell or give it away?
If you plan on selling or giving away your device, be sure to delete all accounts in the Apple Pay wallet. You’ll also want to do a system restore to return your device to factory settings. If you’ve forgotten to delete your COPFCU account(s) prior to selling or giving away your device, please contact us and we will assist you in removing your information.