Apple Pay For debit cards and credit cards
Apple Pay is now available for COPFCU Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Cards and our MasterCard Debit Cards. For members with an iPhone 6 or later version, you can make payments at thousands of stores and inside participating apps, with just the touch of a finger.
Even better, Apple Pay is more secure than swiping your card at a retailer. Why? For 2 reasons:
- Biometric Security – You must use your thumbprint to complete the purchase. This ensures that you – and only you – are performing the transaction.
- Your Card Number is Not Used – Instead of your 16-digit card number being passed to the merchant, Apple Pay passes a secure token to validate and approve the transaction.
Setting up Apple Pay on your iPhone is Easy:
- Be sure your iPhone 6, 6 Plus, or later verson has the latest version of iOS
- Add your COPFCU Debit MasterCard to the Wallet App on your phone
- Pay securely with a single touch at hundreds of thousands of stores and inside participating apps.
How to Use Apple Pay in Participating Stores:
- Look for the Pay Wave or Apple Pay symbol at checkout and hold your phone near the contactless reader.
- Place your finger on the Touch ID. Or, you may need to enter a passcode and sign a receipt.
- Keep your phone by the reader until it vibrates and/or beeps’, indicating your payment was accepted.
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay allows you to pay for your purchases with your iPhone® 6, 6 Plus, or later version by holding your phone near a contactless reader.
What devices are compatible with Apple Pay?
• For in-store purchases: iPhone® 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, and Apple Watch® paired with iPhone 5 or later.
• For in-app purchases: The above listed iPhones plus iPad Pro™, iPad Air™ 2, iPad mini™ 4, and iPad mini 3 or later.
Is there a fee to use Apple Pay?
No, Apple Pay is free; however, third party charges such as wireless carrier message and data rates may apply.
Which COPFCU cards will I be able to use with Apple Pay?
All COPFCU Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Cards and MasterCard debit cards are available for use with Apple Pay.
How do I add my card to Apple Pay?
• Open Passbook® and tap the “+” sign in the upper right corner.
• Center your card in the brackets and your device will populate the fields for you.
• Follow the instructions and enter any additional info requested.
• When you finish, a notification will appear.
Is Apple Pay safe?
Yes! When you use Apple Pay, your personal information and card number are never stored on your phone or given to the merchant. A unique digital code is created specifically for that device. When you make a purchase, you authenticate your purchase with your fingerprint or device PIN, and the unique code for your device is sent to the processor. Either of these elements are useless on their own, and even if compromised, they cannot be decoded.
Where can I use Apple Pay?
An ever growing number of merchants now accept Apple Pay in-store and online. Click here for the most current list of participating merchants. You may also look for these Apple Pay or PayWave® symbols at checkout.
Will I still earn rewards when I pay using Apple Pay?
Of course! When using Apple Pay, you will continue to enjoy the same benefits and rewards you always have when using your COPFCU cards, such as Visa ScoreCard Rewards.
Can I opt out of Apple Pay at any time?
Yes, you may add and remove cards at any time. To remove your card, simply go into “Settings,” and open “Passbook & Apple Pay.” Then select the card you want to delete and tap “remove card.”
What if my card is lost or stolen?
Please call us immediately and mention that you are enrolled in Apple Pay. We’ll cancel your card, however, you’ll need to remove the lost/stolen card from Passbook using the “Remove Card” option. When your new card arrives, you’ll need to add the card to Apple Pay before making any Apple Pay purchases.
I’m having a problem with my device or its software. What should I do?
If you’re experiencing difficulties with your device and/or its software, please contact Apple.
What will happen to the information on my device if I sell or give it away?
If you plan on selling or giving away your device, be sure to delete all accounts in Apple Pay and Passbook. You’ll also want to do a system restore to return your device to factory settings. If you’ve forgotten to delete your COPFCU account(s) prior to selling or giving away your device, please contact us and we will assist you in removing your information.
Touch ID must be enabled on your phone to use Apple Pay. This can be activated in your device’s settings.
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, iPhone, iTunes and Passbook are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Touch ID and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.