Apple Pay for debit and credit cards
Apple Pay is available for COPFCU MasterCard Debit Cards and Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Cards. For members with an iPhone*, you can make payments at thousands of stores and inside participating apps, with just the touch of a finger.
Even better, Apple Pay is more secure than swiping or inserting your card at a retailer. Why? For 2 reasons:
- Biometric Security – You must use your thumbprint to complete the purchase. This ensures that you – and only you – are performing the transaction.
- Your Card Number is Not Used – Instead of your 16-digit card number being passed to the merchant, Apple Pay passes a secure token to validate and approve the transaction.
Setting up Apple Pay on your iPhone is Easy:
- Open the Wallet App on your iPhone and add your debit or credit card
- You may be asked to call the Apple Pay support center at 1-800-663-7354 to confirm your identity and information.
- Pay securely with a single touch at hundreds of thousands of stores and inside participating apps.
How to Use Apple Pay in Participating Stores:
- Look for the Pay Wave or Apple Pay symbol at checkout and hold your phone near the contactless reader.
- Place your finger on the Touch ID. Or, you may need to enter a passcode and sign a receipt.
- Keep your phone by the reader until it vibrates and/or beeps’, indicating your payment was accepted.
*You must have an iPhone 6, 6 Plus, or later to use Apple Pay.
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay allows you to pay for your purchases with your iPhone® by holding your phone near a contactless reader.
What devices are compatible with Apple Pay?
• For in-store purchases: iPhone® 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, and Apple Watch® paired with iPhone 5 or later.
• For in-app purchases: The above listed iPhones plus iPad Pro™, iPad Air™ 2, iPad mini™ 4, and iPad mini 3 or later.
Is there a fee to use Apple Pay?
No, Apple Pay is free; however, third party charges such as wireless carrier message and data rates may apply.
Which COPFCU cards will I be able to use with Apple Pay?
All COPFCU debit and credit cards are available for use with Apple Pay, except for HSA Checking debit cards.
Is Apple Pay safe?
Yes. When you use Apple Pay, your personal information and card number are never stored on your phone or given to the merchant. A unique digital code is created specifically for that device. When you make a purchase, you authenticate your purchase with your fingerprint or device PIN, and the unique code for your device is sent to the processor. Either of these elements are useless on their own, and even if compromised, they cannot be decoded.
Where can I use Apple Pay?
An ever growing number of merchants now accept Apple Pay in-store and online. Click here for the most current list of participating merchants. You may also look for these Apple Pay or PayWave® symbols at checkout.
Will I still earn rewards when I pay with Apple Pay?
Of course! You will continue to enjoy the same benefits and rewards you always have when using your COPFCU cards, such as Visa ScoreCard Rewards.
Can I opt out of Apple Pay at any time?
Yes, remove cards at any time. To remove your card, open the wallet app and select a card. Click the ••• in the upper right-hand corner. A screen showing various details of the card will appear. Scroll all the way to the bottom of this screen and click “Remove This Card.”
What if my card is lost or stolen?
If you have the COPFCU Mobile App on your phone, open the app and lock the card to stop all transactions. Next, call the credit union to have your card blocked and a new card reordered. Make sure to mention that you are enrolled in Apple Pay. Lastly, open the wallet and remove the compromised card.
I’m having a problem with my device or its software. What should I do?
If you’re experiencing difficulties with your device and/or its software, please contact Apple.
What will happen to the information on my device if I sell or give it away?
If you plan on selling or giving away your device, be sure to delete all accounts in the Apple Pay wallet. You’ll also want to do a system restore to return your device to factory settings. If you’ve forgotten to delete your COPFCU account(s) prior to selling or giving away your device, please contact us and we will assist you in removing your information.
Touch ID must be enabled on your phone to use Apple Pay. This can be activated in your device’s settings.
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, iPhone, iTunes and Passbook are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Touch ID and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.