Scholarships $15,000 in funds to be awarded
COPFCU is proud to provide scholarships to members seeking to better their lives through continuing education. For the 2023-2024 school year, COPFCU will be awarding five scholarships totaling $15,000 as follows:
- Irvin Specht Memorial Scholarship – $4,000
- Emily Argo Memorial Scholarship – $4,000
- COPFCU Bright Futures Scholarship – $4,000
- First Runner-Up Scholarship – $1,500
- Second Runner-Up Scholarship – $1,500
All scholarships are one-time awards with funds disbursed in August.
- Be a COPFCU member in good standing
- Be at least a senior in high school or current student enrolled in community college, university, graduate school or trade/vocational school who will be enrolled full-time during the August 2023 – June 2024 terms
- Submit proof of acceptance/enrollment in classes during August 2023 – June 2024
- Submit proof of cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher for the most recent school term (whether high school, university or trade/vocational school)
- Submit the scholarship application and essay responses including all items noted above by the deadline of 5:00pm EST on March 17, 2023.