The new face of Identity Theft.
The new face of Identity Theft might surprise you. Turns out, it’s a child’s face.
Child identity theft is on the rise. Why?
Because an identity thief can use the child’s information for years before it’s discovered. Most young adults don’t begin to build a credit profile until they’re 18 or older. By then, their credit and personal information can be ravaged. According to a 2011 report from Carnegie Mellon University’s CyLab, a child’s identity is 51 times more likely to be stolen than an adult’s.
What can you do to protect your child’s information?
Be proactive. Monitor your child’s personal information and credit the same way you monitor your own. COPFCU can help with ID ProtectTM.
ID Protect features:
- Total identity monitoring of 1,000+ databases
- Credit monitoring of all 3 credit bureaus
- Text or email alerts of key changes to your child’s identity or credit profile
- Fully managed identity theft resolution services if fraud occurs
- $10,000 identity fraud expense reimbursement coverage*
- Coverage for all of your eligible family members**
ID Protect is available with our Secure Checking Account for just $4.95 per month. That’s less than $60 per year for monitoring and protection of everyone in your household, including your children.
Call us to add Secure Checking with ID Protect for you and your family today.
* Special Insurance Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only. They do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Insurance is offered through the company named on the certificate of insurance.
** IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking account owners, their joint account owners and their eligible family members. Service is not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to clubs, organizations and/or churches and their members, schools and their employees/students. For revocable grantor trusts, the service is available only when a grantor is serving as a trustee and covers the grantor trustee(s) and their
eligible family members. For all other fiduciary accounts, the service covers the beneficiary, who must be the primary member, and their eligible family members (Fiduciary is not covered). Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) of the account holder who are residents of the same household
Insurance product is not a deposit; not NCUA insured; not an obligation of credit union; and not guaranteed by credit union or any affiliated entity.